Monday, October 27, 2008

DISNEYLAND 2008!

Hannah and I went on our first vacation to Disneyland October 16-20. I won two JetBlue airline tickets through my work and we decided to go on vacation! It was amazing. Hannah got to take her first airplane ride, which she did great with. The part that bothered her the most was waiting in the airport to board the plane. She got bored (surprise, surprise). But Hannah watched my Ipod the whole flight and did fantastic, the pressure didn't bother her at all. She kept talking really loud with her earphones in, which bothered the people around us, but not Hannah.




Our hotel was hilarious. When I booked our reservation the website said it was under construction and it was supposed to be done by the end of September but it was delayed. Of course it was the middle of October so I thought that construction had to be almost done. Boy, was I ever wrong. It was like walking into a war zone. The poor shuttle driver had no idea where the front door was. He asked me - like I would know! Hello!? Walking to our room, I tried to keep the thoughts of serial killers and cockroaches out of my head. Luckily our room was clean - and we only stayed in our room to sleep and shower. Although, we did have to walk across the street to swim in the neighboring hotel's pool. I just kept smiling. We were there to play in Disneyland all the way!


The first ride we went on was the Matterhorn. I just didn't think about Hannah being scared, and it's a good thing because she wasn't. She really was just up for anything. I think if I was worried about it, she would have been worried about it too. We climbed into the bobsleds on the rollercoaster and off we went. I laughed the whole time, just like I was a little kid again. In fact it brought back memories of when I went with my family when I was 10 years old. I think it took a minute for Hannah to really grasp what was happening. When the ride was over, the lady seated in front of us asked if I wanted her to take our picture. What a great start to our vacation!



1 comment:

Jen said...

I am really jealous!!